Mental Health Resources
Common Resources During COVID-19
When in doubt start here!
- 2-1-1: Directs to all information and supports available during COVID-19. Call 2-1-1 or visit www.211nh.org.
- Family Resource Centers: FRcs as a "front-door" to services – they provide many supports directly and help families navigate to whatever else they might need. Find your local FRC at www.nhchildrenstrust.org/connect.
- Waypoint Warm Line: Free guidance and support for parents/caregivers. Call: 1-800-640-6486 M-F, 8:30-4:30.
- Find mental health resources at the NH Community Behavioral Health Association.
- How Right Now is an initiative to address people's feelings of grief, loss, and worry during COVID-19. Support for the How Right Now initiative is provided by the CDC Foundation.
Financial & Other Assistance
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits have been expanded during COVID-19: Call NH Employment Security at 603-271-7700 or visit www.nhes.nh.gov/ to assess eligibility and get further instructions, e.g. call times.
- Cash and other Assistance: For TANF and other state assistance, visit https://nheasy.nh.gov/#/ or call 1-800-852-3345. Visit www.dhhs.nh.gov/dfa/covid19-changes.htm for temporary eligibility and program changes.
Food & Nutrition
- Food Pantries: NH Food Bank's list of local agencies: www.nhfoodbank.org/need-food/agency-list.
- NH Food Access Map: Crowd-sourced listing of food resources during COVID-19: bit.ly/nhfoodaccessmap
- WIC: Nutrition support for pregnant-women, new mothers, children 0-5. Services remain accessible by telephone only. More info: www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/nhp/wic/index.htm or 1-800-942-4321.
- Food Stamps (SNAP): Visit https://nheasy.nh.gov/#/ or call 1-844-275-3447
- Housing Assistance: If you are experiencing a housing crisis, call NH 2-1-1, or contact your local city or town welfare office (searchable at https://www.nhmunicipal.org/municipal-directory). Call ahead for current operations.
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 24/7 help at 1-866-644-3574 or www.nhcadsv.org for free, confidential support.
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741741 or visit crisistextline.org for free, 24/7 support from a trained Crisis Counselor.
- NAMI NH: For more information on a variety of crisis and mental health supports visit www.naminh.org/resources-2/covid-19 or call (800) 950-6264 M-F, 10am-6pm. For 24/7 crisis support text "NAMI" to 741741.
- Access crisis mental health services in your local community by reaching out to your community mental health center or mobile crisis response team.
- Read the NH DHHS flyer Behavioral Health During COVID-19.
- NH Doorways: Call 2-1-1 for information on substance use disorder treatment during COVID-19, or visit www.thedoorway.nh.gov.
- ChildCare Aware: Visit http://nh.childcareaware.org/ for COVID-19 childcare support for essential workers and others.
- NH DHHS: Call 2-1-1 for COVID-19 related guidance and resources
- Strong Youth Strong Communities New Hampshire Virtual Youth Summit
- Break The Stigma Intro Video
- NAMI NH 24/7 Connectedness to Technology: Impact on Health and Well-Being
- Coping Strategies for COVID-19 Stress
- Supporting Child and Family Wellbeing During the COVID-19 Emergency
- Common Warning Signs of Mental Illness